Sunday 7 October 2012

[Commission] The Kangaroo

The kangaroo... How could I possibly forget the kangaroo in this blog... Apologies in advance for any lapses in professionalism in this post but... THAT KANGAROO!

Early in our first year at University we were asked to help out with a third year film student's final project. The "we" being Jack, Will and I who are working together on the Royal Armouries animation. As we were just starting at University, we thought taking the request would be a good opportunity to branch out and get some experience working together in a team as we are all like minded and competent in Flash.
Unfortunately, the rest of the project could have been organised better by this confused space cat:
What I'm trying to say is, the project was very poorly put together, meetings would start, the client would talk about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pizza Parties for half of it, give us a piece of paper with our shots on and no other information, then boot out. Confusion started to arise in the animation team and we started to regret joining the project.
After a few weeks of this, we are met to one pissy client telling us that all our shots are wrong and we're a week or so away from release, as if it's our fault. Now, I can tolerate grumps, and I can understand people being stressed over deadlines, after all, I'm Mr. Overworker myself sometimes, but when they go as far as to insult my friend over something that's their own fault, there's a line.
After this meeting, the three of us decided among ourselves to leave the project. I know this had a huge risk of making us look like the bad guys, but when there was more organisation put into the bbq at the launch party than the animation team, the project really wasn't worth saving.
This animation was another to add to the history of bad clients, and lead me to appreciate this website.
Anyway, without further ado, I present to you the final piece, the shots I was given were mainly closeups, enjoy!


Also, ".mov"

No comments:

Post a Comment